Friday, May 26, 2017

This I Believe Speech

I believe that teachers will always find a way to help you in times of trouble when you least expect it. I never realized how much a teacher cared about my education deeply, until I walked into Mr. Jaworsky’s classroom. I was always a troubled teen. I had trouble paying attention in some classes. My teacher and I grew a bond, and that made me realize that teachers will eventually inspire me.

I was sitting in math class, and the room was filled with voices and words I couldn’t seem to hear out but my own, and it was pretty cold. I do admit that I was a distraction to my peers by talking to them instead of doing my assignments, although I didn’t realize that until I had a conversation with my teacher, Mr. Jaworsky. There were multiple times where I had been pulled out of the crowd and out the halls where he had to give me a talk. Sometimes, our talks were very serious to the point where I had teary eyes. I cried sometimes, but not because he pulled me out of class, but because he was right. I can’t exactly remember his words verbatim, but I do remember what he was trying to tell me. Mr. Jaworsky told me that I should never doubt myself. I always told myself I’ll be stupid and I won’t succeed. He told me that I should never plant a negative seed in my brain such as that, because if I do, I’ll become unsuccessful and I will indeed be unintelligent. That was one of the talks out of a hundred. Mr. Jaworsky is one of the greatest teachers that will never give up on you. He will not let you beat yourself down in front of him. He will be the teacher that inspires you to do better, and he won’t let you lower your self esteem. Mr. Jaworsky has seen me at my worst breaking points, to the point where I cried to him. All he wants for my peers and I is to become the best of ourselves. He became personally involved with many of his students. He considered us family. All those times that he told me to not think pessimistic and always strive for success really helped. Mr. Jaworsky tried his very best for me to improve. He called and emailed my parents, he pulled me out of class to talk to me, and he assisted me with nearly everything. The only way I could possibly thank him is to show him that all his hard work on me improving was really worth it.

I’ve came to a conclusion where teachers like Mr. Jaworsky will always want the best for you and will never give up on you. He made me realize that life isn’t over. I can always restart. There really is no ending to success. You. at have trouble finding it because you aren’t trying hard enough.Necessarily, success doesn't come easy. I tried my best, and it may have not seemed like it, but I did take note on what my teacher had told me. I still am trying my best to be a successful daughter, friend, and student. Mr. Jaworsky has changed me completely, and I will never forget him. He will always be in my heart because he is one of the people who inspires me to strive and persevere through my work.

Don’t ever doubt yourself. When you feel like giving up, and when you feel like dropping everything at ease, don’t. Avoid planting negative seeds in your brain. The cynical words you say to yourself will water that seed. Say for an example, you say you’re dumb. Keep on watering it with negativity, and eventually you will be dumb. Do you want to be dumb? No one wants to be dumb. Think positive. Strive for the success. Find who you want to become and work for it. Study for it. Learn for it. Do whatever is takes. It really is never too late. You just have to try and try until you get there. And trust me, you’ll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment